We need talent for all kinds of things - not just plays! We are always exploring different entertainment offerings, so keep your ears open. To quote a bit from the West Side Story song..."somethin's comin', I don't know what it is, but it is gonna be great..."
Events suggested here are for personal participation. These are just a few of the community's entertainment options:
Theater Trivia Night: Bonnie suggested having a group come in that does Trivia and we could make it all about plays, TV, movies etc. This would be at Trilogy. No information yet, but perhaps this would be a great summer activity for our year-rounders, and it could be continued during full occupancy months! If you are interested in starting this or hosting, contact Bonnie West.
Higley Center for the Performing Arts (HCPA) always has something interesting going on. Their website information for shows and tickets is: Higley Center For The Performing Arts and to see their calendar go to HCPA Calendar
The Hale Theater has another season of marvelous productions available. Here is the link to their website: https://www.haletheatrearizona.com
The Queen Creek Performing Arts Center (QCPAC) website for information and tickets is: Queen Creek Performing Arts Center
Chandler Center For The Arts (CCA) website link is: Chandler Center For The Arts
The Grand Canyon Railway that leaves from Williams, AZ is operating and you can even stay at the historic hotel there. For more information, click this link: The Grand Canyon Railway Train
Barleen's Opera House in Apache Junction is still going strong, offering a variety of entertainments. Check 'em out for shows and cost for dinner, menu, etc. at Barleen's Dinner Show
|Year / Month||Event, Play or Trip||Link to presentation||Notes|
|2003 - March||EVENT||Vaudeville And Beyond - Variety Show|
|2015 - March||EVENT||
Seniors On The Road - Variety Show
|Variety show that tells a story about the residents featured in a previous play|
|2015 - April||TRIP||Branson, Missouri|
|2015 - November||EVENT||Fall Kickoff Event - Auntie Kreamsaugen|
|2015 - December||EVENT||Christmas Dinner||held at Trilogy|
|2016 - April||PLAY||"The Odd Couple"||female version|
|2017 - November||EVENT||Fall Kickoff - Marc Cordes|
|2018 - April||TRIP||New York Trip|
|2018 - December||TRIP||Branson, Missouri|
|2018 - December||EVENT||Dream City|
|2019 - February||EVENT||Welcome Back Event - Jeff Allen||This was supposed to be the welcome back event in 2018 in November but was postponed due to the parking lot renovation|
|2019 - April||PLAY||"Don't Mention My Name"|
|2022 - November||EVENT||Breakfast Meeting|
Call to Order: Marc Larson called the meeting to order at 9:03 am and led the members in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Officers Present: Marc Larson, Dave Brown, Cathy Gueci, Lynne Fabulich, Bonnie West, Mary Gates. Marc thanked Dave Brown for chairing the May meeting and thanked Lynne Fabulich for stepping up to become interim secretary. Marc stated that the board is now complete.
Financial Report: In Chuck Tebelius’ absence, Bonnie West presented financial report. Our current balance is $10,756.87 (not verified by CA). As of July 31 - $10,926.08, which is verified by CA. George Smith made a motion to accept the financial report and Joanne Derbenti seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Membership: Bonnie West reported a total of 174 members including four new members signing up at the September meeting. 60 members were in attendance today. 2024 dues will be collected starting at the October meeting. Bonnie asked that everyone please sign in at the meeting.
- budget for the sets
- construction team, encouraged volunteering to help construct sets.
- Dave stated that they also needed back-up volunteers for the audio-visual team which will be trained on all the new equipment.
performance. The play has 17 cast members and rehearsals start Oct. 17. Cathy needs volunteers for decorating, and food prep. Cathy praised Steve Huff, Ron Pale and Dave Brown for working as a great team on the technical issues for the upcoming play.
- Oct 28, 2023, Hooray for Hollywood. Linda Lukey explained this event will be a red-carpet event, black tie or favorite movie star character dress optional. There will be a red carpet with photos taken, buffet dinner, and a special awards ceremony developed by Cathy Gueci and Steve Huff. Lynne Fabulich, Sis Pietrzak and Linda Lukey are the hosts. Volunteers needed, especially photographers, sign up after October Members meeting. Tickets on sale via Constant Contact, immediately following this meeting.
- Nov. 11, 2023, Fiddler on the Roof at Hale Theater hosted by Carrie Mercer, registration will go out on Oct 7
- Jan. 20, 2024, Broadway Showstoppers at Queen Creek Performing Arts Center. Bonnie West stated there are 40 tickets available. Lynne Fabulich will host.
- Feb. 3, 2024, See How They Run at Hale Theater hosted by Karen Humbert
Marc Larson polled the membership to see if interested in a holiday event at Silver Star Theater. Also, Marc Larson asked members if they were interested in future trips. Majority of members were interested in both ideas.
In cooperation with other clubs, Singers Club representative, Ron Pale, explained this club is looking for additional members. Singers next meeting will be Sept. 12 at 6:00 pm.
Lynne Fabulich, Secretary
- Mar 18 - Hale Theater 42nd Street; host Joan Shotts.
- Oct 28 - Save the Date! Hurray for Hollywood red carpet event, Lynne Fabulich, Linda Lukey hosts. On sale in September.